1. I was born in a cross-fire hurricane.
2. If I were a swan, I’d be gone.
3. I wish I were a Kellogg’s cornflake. I’d rather be a hammer than a nail.
4. I need a dumptruck to unload my head.
5. Superman or Green Lantern ain’t got nothing on me.
6. I’m gonna fly my freak flag high.
7. I’m a snow-covered mountain in an empty room.
8. I should pour through the keyhole or evaporate completely.
9. I have tried marijuana. I get nervous every time: There will come a knocking at the door.
10. I am a man who will fight for your honor.
11. I’d like to be under the sea.
12. When I was an astronaut, an asteroid ht the earth and prematurely ended my career.
13. My tissue is rotting where the rats chew my bones. My eye socket’s empty. I’m a space invader, I’ll be a rock-and-rolling bitch for you. This film is a saddening bore, because I wrote it ten times or more. I’d like to be a gallery and put you all inside my show.
14. I live above a grocer’s store owned by an Austrian. He often calls me down for tea. He jokes about his broken English, tries to be a friend to me. But for all my years of reading conversation, I stand without a word to say.
15. My death waits there among the leaves.
16. I’ve got an electric guitar and half a bottle of warm beer. I’ve got some funny ideas about what sounds good.
17. I may be hungry but I sure ain’t weird.
18. Eight miles out of Memphis and I got no spare.
19. I’ve got a crystal ball, a divining rod, a magnifying glass and a pack of dogs.
20. The north side of my town faced east, and the east was facing south.
21. Memories of it still keep calling and calling, but forget it all, I know I will.
22. My wheels never touched the road.
23. It’s awfully considerate of you to think of me here, and I’m much obliged to you for making it clear that I’m not here. I’ve been looking all over the place for a place for me, but it ain’t anywhere. It just ain’t anywhere.
24. I’m a Citizens for Boysenberry Jam fan.
25. If I were a better man, I’d understand the spaces between friends.